Faulty box?

Moderator: Revue Mod

sceptic
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Faulty box?

Post by sceptic »

Hi All,

Just received my Revue and am having difficulty getting it boot. Its connected directly to my tv via HDMI. If I power it on 2 lights on the front come on and within a second or so a Logitech Revue boot screen is displayed and then nothing. The box just sits there on that screen even if I leave it alone for 10-15 mins+ If I hold down the reset/connect button for several seconds the box does appear to reboot only to return back to that same boot screen. Using the keyboard seems to have no effect whatsoever.

Is there anything I can try to persuade my box to boot correctly?
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Re: Faulty box?

Post by zenofex »

Is it possible that the revue is trying to display at a resolution that your TV isn't accepting? If that's not the case and recovery isn't coming up there's not a whole lot you can do short of return it to the retailer (The post makes this sound like its a new box so I assume you haven't voided your warranty yet).

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
sceptic
Android 1.0

Post by sceptic »

Thanks for the reply.

It is a new box but I'm based in the UK so returning it is going to be problematic I think!

I'll try it on a different TV to see if it behaves any differently. I take it this Logitech Revue/Google TV splash screen should only appear for a few seconds at most?
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

That is correct, also I'd be surprised if you couldn't get recovery to come up on a new box. Try another TV and report back here if you don't mind.

Thanks,
Zenofex
sceptic
Android 1.0

Post by sceptic »

I tried a different TV and get exactly the same result, namely the "Logitech Revue with Google TV" screen is displayed perfectly within a couple of seconds and then it just sits there and nothing else happens. If I put my ear to the box I can hear the fan working and attaching a network cable also causes the network lights to pop into life, so its far from dead, but still unbootable it seems...

I don't seem to be able to get the recovery screen with the GTV logo to display after holding the connect button. As I said previously the box does detect the button press and reboot the unit but it sticks and the initial screen mentioned above...
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

sceptic wrote:I tried a different TV and get exactly the same result, namely the "Logitech Revue with Google TV" screen is displayed perfectly within a couple of seconds and then it just sits there and nothing else happens. If I put my ear to the box I can hear the fan working and attaching a network cable also causes the network lights to pop into life, so its far from dead, but still unbootable it seems...

I don't seem to be able to get the recovery screen with the GTV logo to display after holding the connect button. As I said previously the box does detect the button press and reboot the unit but it sticks and the initial screen mentioned above...
How long are you holding down the "pair" button for?
Chipster
Android 1.0

Post by Chipster »

zenofex wrote:
sceptic wrote:I tried a different TV and get exactly the same result, namely the "Logitech Revue with Google TV" screen is displayed perfectly within a couple of seconds and then it just sits there and nothing else happens. If I put my ear to the box I can hear the fan working and attaching a network cable also causes the network lights to pop into life, so its far from dead, but still unbootable it seems...

How long are you holding down the "pair" button for?
Gotta hit ALT-L (maybe several times) after reboot to access recovery. May take several attempts. From there, do Factory Reset. If no joy - then may try loading fresh stock zip.
sceptic
Android 1.0

Post by sceptic »

zenofex wrote:How long are you holding down the "pair" button for?
Long enough for the box to reboot itself and the splash screen reappear again (around 10 secs or so). I've also tried powering it on with the button down (saw this mentioned on Logitech forum) but get the same results.
sceptic
Android 1.0

Post by sceptic »

Chipster wrote:
zenofex wrote:Gotta hit ALT-L (maybe several times) after reboot to access recovery. May take several attempts. From there, do Factory Reset. If no joy - then may try loading fresh stock zip.
ALT+L at the "Logitech Revue with Google TV" screen following the reboot? I ask because if its a later screen I never get that far...
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

sceptic wrote:
zenofex wrote:How long are you holding down the "pair" button for?
Long enough for the box to reboot itself and the splash screen reappear again (around 10 secs or so). I've also tried powering it on with the button down (saw this mentioned on Logitech forum) but get the same results.
Just wanted to make sure, people tend to let go of the "pair" button directly after reboot.

Thanks,
Zenofex