Wiki GTVHacker Wiki Blog GTVHacker Blog Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Google TV Devices » Logitech Revue » Revue Releases




Author Message
 Post subject: HC 3.1 On the Revue
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:07 pm 
Offline
2.1 Eclair

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:16 pm
Posts: 170
As you may know from our twitter, we now have a way to run Honeycomb (Android 3.1) on ANY Logitech Revue. Heres a screenshot of the market/dashboard, we'll have more info in the next few days.

New update includes:
Adbd
Android Market
Improved Media Player


Attachments:
File comment: HC 3.1 on revue
HC-Revue.JPG
HC-Revue.JPG [ 62.57 KiB | Viewed 16772 times ]

_________________
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
Top 
 Post subject: Re: HC 3.1 On the Revue
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:24 pm 
Offline
Android 1.0

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:22 pm
Posts: 11
will this require a hardware modification or can it be done with software?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: HC 3.1 On the Revue
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:15 pm 
Offline
Android 1.0

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:13 pm
Posts: 5
shakuyi wrote:
will this require a hardware modification or can it be done with software?

I'm wondering this as well. I'm hoping it is a software exploit.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: HC 3.1 On the Revue
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:47 pm 
Offline
Android 1.0

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 1
Can we have more pictures please? Maybe a video? and how is the music player? Does it have Google Music Integration?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: HC 3.1 On the Revue
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:16 pm 
Offline
Android 1.0

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:03 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Orlando, FL
zenofex wrote:
As you may know from our twitter, we now have a way to run Honeycomb (Android 3.1) on ANY Logitech Revue.


I'd like some clarification as to what "ANY Logitech Revue" exactly means. That I can think of there are only two types of Revues....a virgin never updated Revue with original firmware or one that has been upgraded and no longer supports UART hacking.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: HC 3.1 On the Revue
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:44 pm 
Offline
2.1 Eclair

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:16 pm
Posts: 170
galfert wrote:
zenofex wrote:
As you may know from our twitter, we now have a way to run Honeycomb (Android 3.1) on ANY Logitech Revue.


I'd like some clarification as to what "ANY Logitech Revue" exactly means. That I can think of there are only two types of Revues....a virgin never updated Revue with original firmware or one that has been upgraded and no longer supports UART hacking.


galfert, you are correct. This requires no modification to the box as its just a Logitech Revue update. The only requirement is that you have a thumb drive > 128MB to place the update on.

A quick note however, as logitech and others have stated. The update is not bug free and in my opinion may not be ready for general consumer use. Some may however see it as an improvement to the current state of the revue (regardless of its small bugs).

_________________
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx


Last edited by zenofex on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Post subject: Re: HC 3.1 On the Revue
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:57 pm 
Offline
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:49 pm
Posts: 45
I'm assuming this is tied in to the "Accessing recovery menu" thread?
revue-f12/topic6.html

Perhaps you've found the signed update zip, and are flashing via recovery?
This is awesome news...

What are the bugs - how bad is it, really?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: HC 3.1 On the Revue
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:15 pm 
Offline
2.1 Eclair

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:16 pm
Posts: 170
danger-rat wrote:
I'm assuming this is tied in to the "Accessing recovery menu" thread?
revue-f12/topic6.html

Perhaps you've found the signed update zip, and are flashing via recovery?
This is awesome news...

What are the bugs - how bad is it, really?


It's pretty bad, and the downside is there is no way to downgrade! So once you've updated to 3.1 regardless of if you like it or not, your stuck.

Edit: Actually, I'd say this is still significantly better even with its bugs than the current update.

_________________
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx


Last edited by zenofex on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Post subject: Re: HC 3.1 On the Revue
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:37 pm 
Offline
Android 1.0

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:13 pm
Posts: 5
Will we be able to upgrade from this when honeycomb is officially released?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: HC 3.1 On the Revue
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:17 pm 
Offline
Android 1.0

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:13 pm
Posts: 5
Also couldn't you factory reset by booting into recovery to downgrade?


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 5 [ 43 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next




Board index » Google TV Devices » Logitech Revue » Revue Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

SEOed